Thursday, 24 December 2015

Torre de los Muertos

A short time ago, I found this standard GW tower in my pile of unpainted miniatures:




I'm pretty sure you all know this tower and have seen it painted in the same way with minor variations a hundred times or more. Which is why I was looking for a different approach.

Here's what I'm going to do with this standard piece:

Inspired by a Mexican 'fiesta de los muertos' I had been invited to and lots of skulls on the tower itself, I decided to paint it as a 'torre de los muertos'.

Inspirational pics so you know where all this is going:






Imagination was running wild. I even thought of something around these lines ... :-D






Here's the current state of this project:



So if you have any suggestions, crazy ideas or links to Mexican miniatures of rather unknown companies that could be interesting, I'd love to hear them (and incorporate them into this project)!

No comments: