Monday, 30 May 2016

Let there be dragons!

Well, at least one for now! ;-)

Here's the first WIP pic of the project I'm currently working on - Clyde, a gift for my 'partner in crime' ...



So far, I've added his long hair and braided beard using wire. Next step will be GS to add an earring like this:


Shadespyre, if you read this, I need your help: You've posted a banner with a printed phrase on it somewhere in my former blog some time ago I cannot find any more. How did you make this banner and what will be the best way to undercoat / paint it without destroying the phrase on it?

When the GS earring is done, I'm going to add a banner with a German phrase to the dragon saying 'Meine Oma denkt, ich fahr Fahrrad!' (My grandma thinks I ride a bicycle) because when we met for the first time, he was wearing a Warhammer shirt saying 'My grandma thinks I play chess'. :-)

Not sure how to put this into practice really. So if you have any suggestions how to make this banner, I'd love to read your feedback in the comments.

5 comments:

Shadespyre said...

I used some plastic printable labels and some metal foil. I've never tried painting on them, it just might work! Do you have access to a laser printer, that'd be your best bet. I'll put some materials in the mail for you to play with :)

Shadespyre said...

I used some plastic printable labels and some metal foil. I've never tried painting on them, it just might work! Do you have access to a laser printer, that'd be your best bet. I'll put some materials in the mail for you to play with :)

Warhammer-Weib said...

Wow, thank you!!!

I wanted to start sculpting the earring, but cannot find my GS anywhere. Might have lost it at the last painters' meeting ... I tried to sculpt a Milliput ear, but I guess that's not solid enough for a good result. I'll try and get new GS tomorrow and switch to another project till then. :-)

Warhammer-Weib said...

Oh, BTW, still mulling over where to put a scallop to customise the dragon. DaTroll has arrived in Santiago today. :-)

Warhammer-Weib said...

Guess what was in the mail yesterday! ... Thank you, Shadespyre! How do you usually make these banners? The metal foil is put in the middle of two plastic labels to shape the banner, isn't it?